BEL signs contract with Indian Navy for Initial supply of indigenously developed Laser Dazzlers
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has signed a contract with Indian Navy for initial supply of 20 Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation Dazlers (Laser Dazzlers).
- Developed by: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The Laser Dazzler is used as a non-lethal method for warning and stopping suspicious vehicles/boats/aircrafts/UAVs/pirates etc. from approaching secured areas during both day and night.
- It is capable of dazzle and thereby suppress the person’s/optical sensor’s action with disability glare in case of non-compliance to orders.
- It disorient/ confuse/blind a person temporarily.
- It also dazzles and distract aircraft/UAVs.
- It is a portable, shoulder operated and ruggedized for military use in adverse environmental conditions.
- This unique product is indigenously designed and developed for the first time for the Armed Forces